Friday, March 11, 2011

I smell Poop

Before I explain the title of this post I need to press rewind for a sec.  There was actually a time when I would go to a resteraunt or movie and judge people with kids...I WAS that guy.  Why didn't they just stay home with those whiny brats?  This was their choice to have them and now they are ruining my nice quiet time out!!  Press fast forward....a wife and 2 kids later....I GET IT!!!  We don't want to be around you childless people as much as you don't want to be around us at a resteraunt.  We know that a meltdown might go down, its just a fact of life.  We would rather be around other families so when it does happen, they give you the "its cool, mine will probably lose it any second too" nod!  Thats a great nod, makes you feel better.....your in the company of people that GET you and the things you have come to understand. 


                               This guy deserves the nod....and a beer


Which brings me to...I smell poop.  My wife and I always smell poop.  I end up searching high and low for the poopy diaper that got rolled up and lost under the couch or bed.  Your around poop so much you smell it even when its not there.  Now don't get me wrong, my wife keeps our house as clean as it can possibly be, especially with a 2 and a half year old that can destroy a room quicker than you can blink an eye.  And I will give credit where it is due.....for every diaper I change my wife has changed a thousand.....so the poor thing is subjected to many more smells that I am.....but I guess its just a reality of parenthood....poop is here, and its here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment